4 year old preschool
My class provides a nurturing, loving, and supportive atmosphere that helps develop a love of learning. This allows each student to experience God’s love through academic, emotional, and spiritual expression.
As the 4 year old Pre School Teacher, my goals for the students are the following:
Spiritual Growth, Academic Progress and Character Growth ( Social Skills). These goals will be accomplished as described in the next few columns.
- First and foremost, is to support and strengthen their Spiritual foundation. This will be done through age appropriate activities to provide the children with the best possible opportunities for retention of daily lessons. Model to the children how praying is talking with their Heavenly Father give them practice (snack, etc.…)
- Read weekly Bible stories, broken down into daily increments.
- We will memorize Bible verses, using sign language, acting out and songs that put Scripture to music (which engages both sides of the brain to promote more concrete memory). Our goal is 10 verses that will have content of Salvation and God’s provision and protection of them.
- Identify their gender; age; first and last name
- Interact cooperatively and taking turns with other children, using staff modeling, lessons from Bible stories, Scripture along with daily experiences during play.
- Learning to follow class rules, using support and accountability
- Hold attention span through gradual increase in group activities (carpet time/Chapel experience)